Growing your food business in Canada
Strength in distribution network
As a neutral partner representing your brand in Canada, we facilitate sales relationships with distributers who are the best fit for your product line.
Operating across multiple categories in the Canadian food industry and working with a deep network of 25 distributers allows us to overcome the limitations of scope and reach faced when using a single distributer.
Importance of Controlling the Grey Market
Growth is largely dependent on our ability to control the grey market, and broaden distribution coverage:
- Improved pricing
- Legal notices to unauthorized importers (distributors)
- Legal warnings to the stores and major retailers carrying grey market stock
- Wider distribution coverage (+1-2 importer over the last 3 years)
- Increased control of the export market through tracked batch codes
A Consistent healthy growth year over year
- Added a dedicated account manager
- Played lead role in setting up a sub distribution model to achieve new listings
- GA actively called on all the major accounts to increase listings and expand distribution where listings existed
- Added another distributor to capture the larger opportunity (QNF)
- Launched major plans in western Canada to further grow market share in this region
Triple the business in 4 years
- RFPing the account and assigning a national distributor with the right profile
- Closely managing this distributor-of-record to ensure targets are met and exceeded
- Attending all calls with relevant buyers at all major banners to expand listings
- Representing the brand in major trade shows
- Managing the brand’s integrated marketing and sales support activities
- Expanding the product offering in Canada to include more Everyday items as well as other 'Brand Z' Group brands
We offer representation to all major retail accounts at Head office to get your product listed at each store in every major retail chain.
Since we maintain and manage strong relationships with major chains, we offer flexibility on route to market and when warranted can provide direct access to retailers, allowing our clients the ability to bypass full service distributors
Beyond just getting your product on every shelf
We offer the following tools and services to help you effectively sell and distribute food products:
Our merchandising teams will visit stores and ensure that product is available in as many locations as possible.
Secondary displays placed in store aisles, counter tops or at check out make a crucial difference between a customer picking up your product over a competitor’s.
Research, Analysis and Business reviews
We understand that regular detailed reporting is a critical part of doing business.
From store level to comprehensive national reporting, (ACN) we can analyze and action any learning’s from subscribed data sources
- CPG digital development (platform application execution, database management, data analytics, research and sales optimization)
- Retail Display